Sunday, August 17, 2008

Welcome to Mara's Luna Nueva Blog!

Greetings! It feels odd writing a welcome note as my last blog entry, but I have some explaining to do. This blog was written for 2 different audiences. One audience is my family and friends who, curious where I disappeared to for the summer, want to hear about my adventures. The other audience is for those of you who are interested in Luna Nueva in any way, shape, or form. Thus, this blog has proven itself useful threefold; not only do I get to keep in touch with my loved ones and get people excited about Luna Nueva, but I also get to release, reflect, and remember my journey as an intern on a biodynamic farm in Costa Rica. I only hope that this blog, this digitalized diary, is capable of portraying even a microscopic glimpse into my incredible experience. And on this simple desire, please read my unabashed discoveries, shocking stories (or so I'd like to think), and wonderous realizations that I wrote over the course of my 10 weeks in Costa Rica.

Peace, love, and coconut water,

Mara

1 comment:

Farmer Yan said...

Hi Mara!

Not really sure if you're still checking your blog, but it's worth a shot right ;) Guess what? I'm also going to be an apprentice at Luna Nueva! I started as a farm apprentice this past March at a biodynamic farm in CT, and I'm loving it! I decided to try continue farming through the winter, and thought, maybe I can go down South, like to Costa Rica! I found Luna Nueva, applied, and got lucky! Anyway, I'm totally excited about this upcoming adventure, and it's great to read all the amazing things that you did and learned through your blog. Thanks for it!

Christian Tutschka
(also, don't hesitate to contact me at deyanmon@yahoo.com)