Thursday, August 7, 2008

Rainforest speed racer!

Ah, how I love the golfcart. I have determined that there is nothing more exhilarating than zipping down gravel hills in the middle of the rainforest in a golfcart. Even as I blast from Casa Luna up to Casa Sombra, I have to marvel at the funniness of such an experience. If a guest is staying up at the Individual Bungalows or at Casa Sombra, I get to drive them and their luggage to their rooms, joking that the golfcart is my favorite part of the internship. A few weeks ago, I was Miss Popular with the kiddies, becoming their personal transport service. 3 times a day, I gladly took them for a ride, only giving into their "faster!" once we were out of their parents' earshot. Every night, I drive Iti home to her bungalow, which is when we gossip about the day's guests and about muchachos.You know how there is that joke about little men needing big trucks? Well, just give me a golfcart, and I feel like I am on top of the world.

No comments: