Monday, June 23, 2008

Tai Chi and Mariposa Bailando( dancing butterflies)

These past 2 days have been action packed. Yesterday morning, my buddy Ruth (the VP of New Chapter) and I met up at 5Am and we went to a secret location on the farm that is teaming with wildlife: Mariposa Bailando. We decided to call this mysterious area Mariposa Bailando because of its most dynamic and prominent wildlife: blue morphus butterflies. These butterflies, which have electric blue wings the size of my hands, would flit by us, occassionally pausing to swirl in descending spirals with 2 to 3 of their companions. Magical. We also saw a few snakes and 2 strawberry poison dart frogs. It was hard to imagine that such a cute red frog with blue legs was so poisonous... and as for the birdlife...inexplicably loud and happenin. Oh and I saw a damsel fly! Who knew those existed?? This special spot (I am not allowed to give away its location because its biosphere is too delicate for heavy visitation) is one of the many sensational places I've explored at Luna, and when I think of the word "harmony" from now on, the visual of the dancing blue butterflies at Mariposa Bailando will always flit through my mind...

This morning was the first (hopefully of many) yoga sessions I shared with the guests. Me, 5 girls, and one courageous man got together at 6:30 and got our stretch on. As the tropical rain pounded down only feet away from us in our converted studio (the Casa Luna common area), we took turns sharing our favorite practices and poses. We decided to start off with a few Tai Chi movements, which was kickass. The act of focusing all my attention and energy into one or 2 joints unquestionably released any and all unknown tension that had manifested there. We did this one where we just flicked our wrists up and down for a solid minute, and I'm not going to lie, it felt quite odd while doing it, but when we stopped there was this healing blanket of warmth that coursed through them. Way cool. Now I am going to head back to my Tico household for some sleep because I want to be alert for the session manana.... buenos noches!

No comments: